Thursday 26 April 2012

Writing a book, and why I think I'm going to go for it

I'm thinking of writing a book.

I had this idea back in second year, when I thought university would last forever and that student life would never end. Finally, I'm almost at the end and I'm wondering if it's time to start putting my ideas together.

I want to write about the past four years of my life, I want to tell people that student life with Jesus isn't easy but that it's incredibly worth it, that it gets scary but He's always there, and that it's damn good fun (but probably in more (and better) words).

I've seen so many books about student life as a Christian written by people who finished university a million years ago, people who never ended up living a crazy party life, people who went straight into their Christian Union and Church and who were sorted from day one. But university life isn't like that for so many people. It can be really scary and trying and terribly painful at times.

I think this book will involve me being incredibly honest about the life I lived at university, about the crazy things I did and the terrible situations I got myself in to; but I'm okay with that. I think we live in a society that hides all its problems and pretends like it's fine when it's actually torn in two.

I'll make sure to keep you updated.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment