Sunday 29 April 2012

The Bible, trying to figure out how on earth we actually apply it to our lives, and trusting in community.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23

I posted this Bible verse as a tweet a few days ago but, when talking to a friend about it, I began to realise that I actually have no idea how to do this. How do we guard our hearts? How do we allow ourselves to be vulnerable enough to love people, but yet not let them totally tear us down every time they do something that doesn't make us happy?

I should probably let you know now that this isn't one of those blog posts in which I have some great revelation on how to do this because, quite frankly, I'm completely baffled at this concept.

I'd really like your input (via Facebook, in a comment here, or vie email - mbaraniuk@hotmail.co.uk), I'd really like the thoughts and ideas of my readers because, as someone who is part of a community, part of the body of Christ, I know how important it is to ask other believers what they think.

So, how do we apply the Bible to our lives (in particular, the verse stated above)? How do we not let the world get to us while remaining focused on God?

x


No comments:

Post a Comment