Saturday 19 May 2012

Jesus, how He is our hiding place, and rejoicing always.


When our hearts hurt it's easy to be angry with God but I think, for the first time, I don't want to do that; I did not choose God, He chose me, which means that His love is true and real. I'm the broken one, the messy one, the inherently sinful one, and yet He still loves me. In the midst of this storm He is the calm, He is my hiding place, He is the eagle wrapping its great wings around me, covering me in His love.

He is the only constant thing in my life, He is my steady, faithful companion. Humans come and go; some stay for a long time, while others disappear after just a few days, but He is always there, always chasing after us, calling us back to Him when we stray too far. He is the reason I got out of bed this morning and the reason that I will do the same tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.

He is the reason that I will "rejoice always" (Thessalonians 5:16) and He is the only one who can truly bring me through this and eventually make my heart light again; I am head over heels in love with Him and He feels the same about me, if not more so. Clinging to Him at this time will make me a stronger, more well-rounded, better person, someone who does not need to trust in humans to get through the tough stuff but who truly knows what it is to cling to their Saviour.

I don't like heartache, but I like Jesus an awful lot and I think He's got this one sorted already. All I need now is some time.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment