Sunday 13 May 2012

Identity, unemployment, and ALWAYS being a child of God.

Today is a brilliant beyond brilliant day.

The wind is blowing, the rain is falling, I'm drinking tea, wearing my big sweatpants and a comfy hoodie, listening to the P.S. I Love You score, and Scotland is being as Scottish as ever. Church this morning was great and fellowship over lunch with some of my fellow-students was lovely. Today I am 100% content and it's the nicest feeling in the world.

This morning a friend and I were talking about the whole "unemployment" bandwagon we're about to become a part of. It's a strange concept, after having either been on the "pupil" or "student" bandwagon for around eighteen years. The world is truly wide open to be explored and that's exciting. But it is a strange thing to finally be coming into contact with. I was a little scared of it for about a week or so, but then I started to think of myself, and rightly so, as a daughter of God. It doesn't matter if I'm in or out of work, that is the identity that I always want to possess.

1 John 3:1
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
(NIV)


No matter where we are in life, no matter what we're doing, or who we're with, we are always walking with God; our lives should always be missional. We are always His, even when we have no one left in the world, He still holds us in His arms and He looks upon us with a face of love. Don't ever doubt that, not even when your world is falling apart, because it is just true. His love for You is never ending and beautiful.

Romans 8:17
"Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory."
(NIV)

By being His child we don't just experience a little bit of the pain that Christ suffered, but we also experience the wonderful blessings. We may struggle to find a job but God will bring us something good, and we may struggle in our job, but God will give us the strength to tackle it; He will never leave our side. We are so safe in Him. Even when, like today, the wind blows and the rain pours, He is our shelter, our hiding place. He calms our hearts and our souls and gives us exactly what we need.

x

2 comments:

  1. I love how open you are with your faith. Its not always easy this day in age, so its lovely to see someone who is Christian and proud <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =] Thankfully I have a really amazing support system of Christian friends and am also part of a Christian family so I've never been afraid to speak about my faith.

      Delete