Friday 6 January 2012

Home

Home is a strange concept, one that I have meditated upon from a very young age. I am a true believer in being proud of where you come from. If my travels have taught me anything it's that places, like people, are a combination of flawed and beautiful, but most are worthy of one's time, exploration, forgiveness and defence. No one place is perfect, but then again, what truly beautiful thing is?" - Andrew McMahon

I come from a town that's home to people who pretend to love Jesus. I come from a town that broke me down and shattered my heart. I come from a town that brings on cold winds and harsh rain. I come from a town that knows the meanings of mundane and unexciting. I come from a town that holds bad memories. I come from a town full of judgement.

But, the thing is, I also come from a town where people love Jesus more sincerely than anywhere else I've ever been (and that's quite a few places). I come from a town that has the ability to build me up, every time I return here. I come from a town that has some of the most beautiful coastal scenery I've ever known. I come from a town that doesn't need to provide excitement in attractions and entertainment because the people are more than enough. I come from a town that encourages me to forget the past and look to the future. I come from a town that is home to some of the most loving people I've ever known.

Never take home for granted, friends. Start looking for the good.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment