Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day One

For the past few years I have been an avid user of Tumblr, but recently I realised that if I wanted to get my words, thoughts and ramblings out to the wider world I might need to move to a slightly more sophisticated blogging platform. I remember my teenage days when blogging wasn't about social networking and interaction with the world around me, but more about being a whiny "emo kid" who wanted to write about how awful their life was. I should be honest now and admit that my life really wasn't very awful at all, it was, in fact, quite nice.

But, to return to the matter at hand, I really hope that my words can now reach the wider world, and give everyone an easier way to engage with myself, the writer, and maybe even give me a way to find blogs that I enjoy reading. One that I would recommend to you straight off the bat is this: Jamie the Very Worst Missionary. This woman has a rather wonderful way with words and is someone I look up to, as a writer and a woman of God. Her honesty and brilliant humour are something I want to convey to my readers. I also suggest you check out Jon Foreman's blog on the Huffington Post. It's not updated too frequently (I check back at least weekly, too often disappointed to see no new updates) but it's definitely something to keep an eye on. Mr Foreman may be my biggest writing inspiration and I adore his poetic style.

Overall, I hope to encourage and inspire the minds of those who, through much clicking and search engine use, stumble their way ungracefully into my blog and end up hanging around for a read. Feel free to leave a comment, ask a question, or just have a look.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment