Tuesday 5 June 2012

Fellowship, and what that really is.

Two blogs in one night, eh?

I feel like it's only fair that I write this one, that I say some good things about Northern Ireland. I think I talk a lot about this place as if it's awful and that I hate it; I can assure you that I don't.

Over the past ten days I have spent time with a lot of amazing people and they've shared their wisdom with me. In Stirling I spent 99.9% of my time with people who were students, but upon coming home I've spent time with people who finished university last year, or a few years ago, people who are in full-time work, people doing church internships, people living off benefits and trying to find a job, people who are far older and wiser than I am.


Within ten days I have had conversations with people, whether they be family or friends, that have challenged me and made me reconsider some of my choices.

That is true fellowship.

I have an amazing support system in this country and they have already encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone.

I may not have twenty people in my house every night but sometimes life isn't like that.

My footing is still a little shaky, it'll be like that for a while, but eventually I'll be standing strong here again, simply because God is good.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment